Sigma Iota Omega Chapter
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated®
Currently, the chapter has a membership of 119 with Musheerah Ali serving as the president. Sigma Iota Omega chapter has 5 charter members, 1 Golden member, 31 Silver members, and 16 life members.
Sigma Iota Omega Chapter has accomplished a number of things over the past 20+ years. Some of our programs, fundraisers, and events include:
- Tutorial Programs with the Public Schools of Robeson County
- Awarding college scholarships to deserving high school seniors
- Sponsoring Mr. Alpha K, Silver Pearl, Black History Month Celebration and Debutante Scholarship Pageants
- Community Health Screenings, Health Awareness, Drug Awareness Education, Disability Awareness
- Donating school supplies during our “Back to School Program” to kids in Robeson County (and Africa), Partnering in Mathematics and Science Education
- Voter Education and Voter Registration Drives, Buckle-up for Safety
- Adopting a Family for Thanksgiving, Donating Coats for Children, Sponsoring Can Food Drives, Sponsoring Toy Drives at Christmas
- Mentoring Youth through our Tea Rose Club (young ladies age 13-18 years old)
- Joint Community Service Projects-Participation in Walk-a-thons, Relay for Life, Project High School Team Rumba on the Lumber, and Project Graduation
- Involvement in social action efforts, AKA Day at the NC State Capital and on Capitol Hill, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service Projects, Financial and Monetary Contributions, and County-Wide Black History Program in Collaboration with the Public Schools of Robeson County.